Saturday, April 30, 2011

Community Helpers: Mail Carriers & Doctors

This week the children learned about the men and women who help us in our community as Mail Carriers and Doctors. At this point in the school year these children play so well together and follow directions to perfection. We are able to spend time helping each other learn rather than trying to keep behavior in check. They are truly an amazing group that I feel so blessed to teach. Thank you for sharing a piece of them with me each week. Kyler the mail carrier. It was fun to help the children match the letters in their mail bags with the various mailboxes. Great numeral recognition activity.

The perfect package- Porsche! The children spent free play time pretending to mail everything in the preschool room! They ended up spending the last half of play time putting together all the puzzles they "mailed".

An impromptu rhythm band. Though it was very loud, they loved making music together.


They were so excited to write letters to their moms and dads and then mail them. My children were thrilled to open the mailbox to find their letters in there (even though they put them there!). It was a beautiful day for a walk as well. The children got to tell me about all the things they heard, felt, saw and touched (no tasting on this walk). I'm amazed at how quiet and calm children can be when they are outside observing the wonderful world around them.


Sierra and Porsche set up a Pediatrician's office and took care of all the babies. The boys loved giving me "shots".


Medicine Dropper art. By squeezing the bulb of the medicine dropper over and over, their small muscles got quite a workout. They each did three or four and wanted to keep going and going.


I forgot the grab my camera and snap pictures of outdoor time when the children played a game of t-ball (wow they can hit hard!), sardines and put band-aids all over me. Six little doctors in training!

1 comment:

  1. I was So happy to get my little "mail" from Boston. I love to see how excited he gets to talk about preschool and all he is learning. Thank you for all your dedication to them!! We are so lucky to have you! We actually decided to draw pictures and mail them to Boston's grandparents today and he was SO thrilled to bring it to the mailbox!

    ReplyDelete