Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fiesta!

We celebrated Cinco de Mayo this week with our own preschool style fiesta. We counted in Spanish while we washed our hands before snack and the children talked "Spanish" to each other during play time. The pinata was also a hit as well as dancing to the mariachi music. We also got to spend some time thinking of our mothers and preparing special gifts for them. Don't worry if you are reading this before Mother's Day-I purposely didn't snap any photos of them hard at work for YOU. They loved the process and I hope you love the end result.


Boston showing off the rocket ship he is creating with various shapes.
Kyler ready with tools in hand to fix the preschool room toys.


Boston hard at work building.


Authentic Mexican Fiesta dress modeled by the lovely Porsche.


Avah twirling so very fast in the skirt. It's big enough that I even got to put it on and dance to the mariachi music with it- very very fun!




I loved watching Kyler take the initiative to put together a game for the other children and then...


lead them in playing it. He is a strong, good leader that the other children follow readily


Sierra loves to be the "teacher" and was going back and forth between Porsche and Avah and helping them read their books.



Matching rhythm beats is harder than you would think for a preschooler as it requires a tremendous amount of focus and brain power. Toward the end we were all able to to a simple rhythm together. Then they worked in teams to make letters with the sticks.


Taking aim at the pinata! All of the children got a turn to whack the pinata three times. During the turn of the last child it broke (couldn't have masterminded it any better) and candy went flying everywhere and kids scooped it up like crazy. The great part was how well they shared the candy to make sure everyone got four pieces.



Journal writing: I love my mommy because...



Avah: She is wonderful!

Gideon: She reads books to me.

Porsche: She is pretty and she helps me when I'm afraid of the dark.

Kyler: She takes me to Tiger movies.

Sierra: She read me lots and lots of books.

Boston: She is kind and give me lots of hugs and kisses.


Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing mothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment