Thursday, April 14, 2011

You Are What You Eat!

I can't believe that I didn't post this last week- I am so sorry! I got it half done and got distracted and forgot all about it. My mom and my sister and her five children (oldest is 6!) came to stay with me until my sister could move into her new house in Kingsville, Texas. I do love children and it was fun to have a house full but I'm not used to crying babies at night. Anyway on to preschool...


Journal time. What is your favorite food? The children could either draw a picture or write the words themselves. Boston did both!
Gideon showing off his drawing of him eating cake.



Pretending to grocery shop. I was a bit surprised that more of them wanted to be shoppers than to be the cashiers. They all did such a great job taking turns and sharing!



Finding healthy foods to eat and working out small muscles with the scissors.



Sorting food...


Sorting money...



and sorting these plastic counters that the children usually use as money.


More shopping and more buying.



There is nothing cuter than dinosaur juice mustaches. The children helped me find food from each color in the rainbow to blend in our smoothie. We talked a lot about filling our body with a variety of foods and eating from the rainbow. Hope it helps with the perpetual picky preschool eating habits!


Creating vegetable people. I love how each child's personality is shown through their creations.


And of course exercising their bodies and while creating this structure of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment