Monday, May 21, 2012

Under the Sea

With the rainy weather on Tuesday it almost felt like we were under the sea.  After the rain abated some, we went and splashed in the puddles.  Is there anything more delightful than the pure joy of watching children splash in puddles?  I also got to watch their faces light up as they fished for letters then created words from these letters.  We looked at numerous pictures of fish and sea creatures and spent some time discussing the environments that they thrive in.  Among other books, we read The Rainbow Fish and discussed how we can be happy helping others.  We danced and danced and sang one of their most favorite songs, "Slippery Fish".  What a fantastic week!


Creating their fishy masterpieces.

 Feeding the butterflies that hatched much earlier than I anticipated.  One of these years I'm going to time it just right, so we can release the butterflies on the last day of preschool.  I know the symbolism of that is beyond the children, but for me as their teacher and you as their parents, I know you appreciate the metamorphosis that has occurred this year.

 Love Porsche's big flouncy hat bouncing about while playing hopscotch.


Waiting for the butterflies to emerge from their little homes.


The butterflies flying away amidst loud cheers from the children (thankfully my neighbors are kind).

 Their plants have done wonderful this year.  Hopefully later this summer there will be watermelons and pumpkins growing about. It's been so fun to watch them with pride in their eyes observe the growth of their little plants.
 Happy 5th Birthday Kyler!
 Watch out- vicious sharks on the attack!
Of course, on fish day we just had to feed the fish in the pond.  There were so many that came to gobble up my stale bread.  The turtles even came to join in the feast.   
I'm still not sure how Porsche shoe ended up as fish food but alas it did.  I ended up wading into that yucky water to retrieve it.  Then I lost my shoe in the process.  Lots of laughs at the pond (and lots of soap scrubbing the yuck off my legs).

No comments:

Post a Comment