Monday, May 14, 2012

Creepy Crawlies


I must confess I am not much of an entomologist.  Bugs creep me out, but alas they are such a huge part of our world that we must explore them at preschool.  The children seem to be free from the hesitations I have with holding bugs or having them creep on me.  They were fabulously curious about all the insects around them.  We watched a clip of a video that showed insects very up close and we learned about their body parts and how they are created to trick their predators.  
Counting ladybug spots.  The children actually took turns being the teacher and got to write out the number of the spots to be put on the ladybugs.  They are getting better at writing out their numerals.

Observing the ladybugs in ladybug land.  My biggest fear is the top would pop off and I'd have ladybugs all over, but the children were very careful and just watched in awe as they scurried about.  We also watched caterpillars until they decided to build their cocoons.


They found oh so many insects in they backyard...

 and by the pond.
 Porsche made little name tags for her snack- so cute!

The ants go marching two by two hurrah hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment