Monday, April 2, 2012

Community Helpers

There are so many helpers in our communities, it's difficult for me to decide which ones to focus on. Perhaps it's because my grandfather was a mailman, or maybe it's the daily walk Gideon and I take to check the mail, whatever the reason I think mail carriers are great and I wanted the children to learn more about them. We also learned about doctors who work really hard to keep our bodies healthy. We counted band aids (most of which ended up on me and the animals during playtime), listened to our heart beating, talked about keeping our bodies strong and healthy and shared some doctor stories. It was a wonderful week as usual with your amazing children filling my home with plenty of giggles and lots of questions about the world. I am so grateful for each of them!!

Delivering the mail by matching the numbers on the letters to the mailboxes. Such a fun way to help them recognize numbers and number patterns.
Kyler writing his letter to his mom and dad.
Off we go to the mailbox!
Super cuties!
Mailing those letters to you. (I hope you got them by now).
Playtime!
With lots of boxes and envelopes, the preschool room became a post office during playtime. I've never received so many packages before!
Kyler teaching everyone about the calendar.
Painting with medicine droppers- super messy but a great opportunity to teach them about color theory a bit. It is also really good for their fine motor muscles (the muscles that help them grip a pencil and write)
Finishing the week with journal time- x marks the spot on their treasure maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment