Saturday, April 28, 2012

Birds Of A Feather

 I can so tell it the end of the year is coming because it's taking me longer to blog about our preschool days and I haven't been taking very many pictures.  I often find myself so involved in what we are doing I forget to snap a picture of it.  I did remember to take a picture of our class visitor- a baby bird that Kooper and Avah found.  They were so thoughtful to bring it so all the preschoolers could meet him/her? It was a
great introduction to our fabulous bird week.  We spent a lot of time talking about the birds around us, listening for their various calls and watching for them out our windows.  Whenever we are outside now I can count on one of them pointing out birds to the class or telling everyone to quiet down so they can hear the birds.  I've had to brush up a bit on my bird identifying skills as they seem to notice ones I haven't!

Meeting the baby bird

Cute as can be!
Kooper trying to keep the feathers flying.  This required intense concentration and lots of breath!
Painting their bird houses


The whole class working on creating a bird hatching out of an egg.


These creations then became prime additions to playtime.

Avah working on stringing cereal for her bird feeder.
We just love this silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment