Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! It is so fun to spend the week talking about our heritage and our many blessings. We went on a blessing walk where at each stop they got to tell me more things they are thankful for. I was reminded of how it is the simple things in life that most often children recall and express their gratitude for.

Gideon focusing on making some noodle necklaces for our feast.

After a ride on the "Mayflower" we got to have a Thanksgiving feast.

The ever helpful pilgrim girls.

The enthusiastic pilgrim boys.

The chief Indian.

The children loved the sensory bin full of beans. They sorted, measured, counted and just had a great time exploring with many of their senses (not taste though).

Using those beans to make beautiful works of art.

Classic hand print turkeys. They loved doing this so much we repeated the activity in our journals where I also wrote out their blessings.

Porsche is quite the dancer and hardly stopped moving to get this picture quick.

We read the book "Turkey Trouble" where the turkey disguises himself like many farm animals so the farmer won't find him on Thanksgiving (his final costume is a pizza delivery man:) the children loved getting to disguise their own turkeys.

Boston working on building a home just like the pilgrims might have.

Avah built a grand house that I'm sure the pilgrims would have loved to live in.

When I count my blessings this Thanksgiving (and always) I include my preschool kids. They bring such light and life and joy into my home. I am so thankful for each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment