Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome Week

Welcome to Preschool! I hope you enjoy this blog and the glimpse it can provide you into our preschool day. We do so much more than I photograph as often I'm teaching, helping the children or the camera isn't quite handy. Also, please note that I am not a great photographer- your kids are so much cuter than I can ever capture on camera.


Kyler


Boston

Gideon


Porsche


Avah


Charlie


The Group!


Running, playing ball, digging in the sandbox, riding scooters and playing hide-and-seek filled our energetic morning.



Making friends is such a wonderful part of preschool.



Charlie intently focusing on his drawings. The children had so many stories to tell about their drawings. I hope you took a chance to ask them, "Tell me about your drawings."



These children are mini geographers as they pointed out many locations on the map with great accuracy.



Playtime with the dinosaurs guarding the toys!



Ending a very fun (but very tiring) day with reading time.




Our morning gathering activity started out as sorting and ended as the children made incredibly creative designs.



Counting yummy apples.



Art began with apple stamping



And ended with apple bathing. The paint was particularly splattery and I neglected to put the painting shirts on everyone until after some of them got paint on their clothes- so sorry! The shirts are out now and ready to be put right on when we bring the paint out again.



Finding uppercase and lowercase letters...




then matching them up and then racing off to find another letter.



Charlie putting the alphabet puzzle together during playtime.



During playtime the children decided to go to the theater. Kyler was the MC and welcomed them all to the show then began to "teach" them. They all listened so intently and followed his every instruction. What a natural leader that boy is!




We had an awesome first week of preschool. I love the happy energy your children bring into my life. I am looking forward to a wonderful year ahead with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment