Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's the Weather??

Even though the weather this week was gorgeous there was rain and thunder & lightening at preschool this week. Your children are budding meteorologists!


Boston was so proud that he did this puzzle all by himself!

Snack time turned into a fun math lesson with counting pretzels and patterning the pretzels and raisins.


The children made weather pictures by blowing the paint around the paper with a straw to create the sun and of course the cotton balls were the puffy clouds. For Thursday's art experience we created weather forecast circles. I gave the children instructions then just let them create. While I was labeling the pictures for the children I asked Porsche if one of her circles which looked very stormy was a storm and she replied, "No, it's a Dragon!!" (she even used a scary dragon voice). These kids keep me laughing all morning long!

They all got a turn in creating rain during circle time.



Just after circle time we have play time. Today the children decided it would be messy day. I'm a firm believer in natural consequences so I stopped them and told them if they got everything out they would have to put it all back. They went on with messy day then shortly began the clean up process. It was a lot harder to clean up and not nearly as much fun. When we were just about finished Kyler gave a big sigh and said, "I don't think we should have messy day again." Lesson learned!!

The children were very interested in zoo phonics today so we did a through z. Here they are showing you the movement associated with the first letter of their name. We are working on name recognition and at various levels learning to write names.
The progress they are already making is so exciting. It was a great day for a picnic so we ate snack outside. Then the rainstorm came. Good thing we had some umbrella's handy. Little toes and ankles still got wet though! After the rainstorm the children played a game of catch where lightening and thunder were chasing each other. After a bit of this Boston just stopped and said, "I'm going to be the sun now. You all have to chase me!" And off they ran.
Oh I know there was so much more we did. My children (and me) end preschool tired, a bit dirty and with lots to talk to me about during the afternoon. Which is just how I like it. Hope your little ones like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment